Thursday, October 16, 2008
Sick Baby
The cold is going around and it has finally hit Ashley. This is the first time she's been sick in 11 months! Daycare called me at work on Tuesday to tell me that she had not been herself. She woke up from her nap really fussy, wasn't really interested in eating, she was sneezing, etc... They took her temp at 11:30 and it was 99.5, at 1:30 it had gone up to 102.5 So, Brian went to pick her up since I don't have any sick or vacation time off yet and his instructor was fine with letting him leave and take Wednesday off if needed. So, Brian called the Dr. to see if we could give her anything for her congestion, but since her temp was over 102 they wanted to see her. Turns out no worries, they checked her out and everything was fine. No antibiotics, cold medicine, nothin' As soon as Brian got home her temp was back down to 101, she slept, ate, went to bed and was fine the next day. She had one two hour nap and the other 1 1/2 hours. Just like her mom, sleep is the best medicine. The policy at daycare is fever free for 24hours, so she got a day with her Papa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Grammy felt SO bad when I heard my sweet pea had to go home with a temp and runny nose. Papa told me you had a red, droopy eye, as well, but once you got home and took your nap you were your little chipper self again. I know cause I heard you in the background, making all sorts of happy(and very loud)noises. I am so happy to hear you are up and running again. You have to be 100% for the Big Party next Sat.
I hate it when they have a bug! Honestly, I don't think there is anything worse! I have had some late nights freaking out about what to do. Someone told me once, "starve a fever, feed a cold". The only good thing about them being sick, is they usually want to cuddle more. Although that is hardly anything to look forward to! Hope she is all better!
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling right back to the same Ashes again. Can't wait to you see you, Mom and Papa again. It's been way to long.
Post a Comment