Friday, August 12, 2011

Trip up North

We always look for excuses to head up north to Seattle to see our friends and this time it was a triathlon that Brian and Steve were going to do in Enumclaw. The triathlon ended up getting canceled for whatever reason, but we still ended up taking the trip. We left Portland around 4pm a little nervous about the traffic. I don't know if we got lucky, but leaving from the east side is a lot easier that taking 26 to I-5! We stopped for dinner at Applebee's in Chehalis to stretch our legs and fill our bellies and then got up to Seattle around 8pm. The trip went fast and the kids were great (I think they're getting used to car trips, which is a very good thing because we like to do a lot of them!). Baby Sawyer was 6 weeks while we were there. He's changed so much since we saw him just a month ago! Steve and Brian went golfing Sat morning, the girls and I took the kids to the park and we all rendezvoused back for dinner. Before bed, D, Sawyer, Ashley, I walked along Greenlake to a new frozen yogurt place. So yummy!!! Sunday we walked to Zoka (it's not a trip to Seattle without Zoka!) and then went to visit our friend Tina and Ebi from UW. She just had her baby, Kayne, on Monday so he was not even a week old! It was great to see them and meet their little guy, he's so cute! The kids played with Senaya for a few hours and then we headed back home. We stopped at the Ram for lunch in Lacey and watched the Blue Angels on TV. We've seen them live, in fact we took Ashley when she was 8 months old, but I enjoyed them on TV much better. The kids loved seeing them too. It was another fun filled weekend, but not a lot of pictures... just a few from the park.






1 comment:

Grammy said...

I think the kids love their trips to Seattle as much as you and Brian do. Don't blame you, dad and I loved our trips up there to visit when you lived there.