Tuesday, February 26, 2013

He's 3!

A lot of things happened to you, buddy, when you turned 3! A couple months before, you decided you were going to be a "clean boy" so you could sit at the big table with the family. After a few weeks we got rid of the high chair and you really liked feeling like a big kid at the table with us. You still leave your mark after meal time, but it won't be forever that I get to clean up those little fingerprints off the table. Another big step you took is sleeping in a big bed! We went to Ikea and you liked the bed Mama and Papa picked out for you, jumping and laying on it in the store to make sure. We brought it home and you helped take apart your crib. Then you and Papa got started right away on the construction of your new place to sleep. You guys had so much fun using your big and little tools. You were a big help to Papa! Then you got to open your new bedding... CARS! You did great in your new bed and didn't ever get out until morning. You started out calling for us when you woke up, but after Hawaii you got yourself out of bed and gave Mama a sweet "good morning" visit from then on. You're sweetness, stubbornness, and sensitivity are a huge part of who you are. All of which we've had to adjust and parent you a little different than your sister. We learn a lot from you, buddy and we're better people because you're in our lives. I know you've taught me patience! You are a strong boy and stand up for yourself (even against Mama and Papa), but you love giving hugs, kisses and lots of compliments. On occasion when I get my nails done you make sure to tell me you like my "paint nails" and I think it's so cute. You tell us every day that you love us... "Mama, I love you, Papa, I love you, Ashley, I love you, Isaiah, I love you! So sweet, never forget to always love yourself! Your patient while working on pronunciation of words that don't come easily, you color in the lines with much practice at school, your best friends are Timmy, Carter, and Melanie, and you still love learning from your big sister. Your teacher often tells me you like to hold hands with the girls and you smile when I ask you about this. You ask questions that you already know the answer to and I think you're testing our response. You can be rough and tough, but have such a loving heart. You've started a sports class and I think you're going to be a soccer player! You use your "Timm Claw (when you cross your pinky over your ring and middle finger) when you're concentrating and you like to wear your "fancy shoes". Oh, and here's your stats: WEIGHT: 30lb (35%) and HEIGHT: 3'1" (40%).








Uncle Lucas


No comments: