Monday, July 29, 2013

Week with Gram/ Blueberry Picking

Brian went to a conference in NY for a week, so Gram came to help out with the kiddos while I was at work.  Aunt Becki even came up for a night, so it was great to see her too.  The kids had so much fun hanging out with them.  It's always different when Mama and Papa aren't around, so I'm so glad they have that special time just with the kids.  On my Friday off, we decided to take Gram on her first water slide at the community center by my work.  I don't think Steph thought about what would happen at the end of the water slide or how fast it was going to be, but I'm telling you, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!  The look on her face as she emerged from the water was priceless, I wish it was on video.  She practiced a few times and got it down, but you'll have to ask her if she'll ever go down another one because I'm not so sure what the answer would be!  On Saturday morning we went blueberry picking at a local farm by our house.  It was great because the bushes were full of huge blueberries, there weren't a lot of people, and they give you cool buckets to strap around your waist, which made it so easy to pick.  We came home with 18lbs of blueberries just between the kids and I!  We'll be going back every year, they're delicious!  It was a fun week, but we sure missed Papa.  We surprised him at the airport on Sunday.  The kids ran to him as soon as they saw him, so excited to have him home.






No comments: