Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day 2013

We had an awesome Labor Day weekend this year. It started off going down to Foster Lake and camping with the Patton's Saturday night. We headed down early and spent almost the whole day on the boat. That night the husbands and older kids entertained us with a game of Kickball. Of course there were a few modifications to make it fair ... the guys had to kick the ball with their left foot and run with a beer in their hand. You can only imagine what kind of entertainment that was and how many beers they went through! I'm sure this is going to be a yearly competition from here on out. I only wish I had my camera, I didn't get any pictures of the trip down there. Sunday night we went to the Ronne's for a Salmon feed. Dave was in Alaska for 10 days fishing and so they threw a pool party to share his catch. The kids had a blast in the pool and it was great to catch up with everyone. Somehow Brian talked the kids into going down the slide head first! I got a picture of Isaiah, but Ashley's is only a big splash. I did catch some video, but our computer is not wanting to download those right now. On Monday we headed up to Mirror Lake to hike and have a picnic lunch. It was a perfect day for hiking, not too hot and beautiful once we got to the lake. We were very proud of the kids. They hiked for about 2 hours and not one complaint out of either of them. In fact they kept saying how they couldn't wait to do it again, that they love hiking!

Picnic lunch at Mirror Lake





Without the cloud coverage, this is a beautiful view of Mt. Hood

Body went swimming, Ashley and I found some crawfish and Isaiah caught a butterfly!



1 comment:

Grammy said...

Yes, it was a great Labor Day weekend. Glad we were able to spend Sun w/you at Ronne's:)+