Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1st Grader!

Has anyone figured out how to make time stop!? Ashley was sooo excited to start 1st grade this year. She wasn't at all nervous about riding the bus, going to a new school or meeting new friends. In fact I had to go to the school the first day to fill out paperwork so I asked if she wanted me to drive her, she said "no, I would rather ride the bus". So, I sent her on the bus, fighting back tears (luckily the neighbors were there to distracted me). She made it to her class with the help of her friend Ashlee and got settled. I met her in the classroom and she was as happy as a clam. She got the teacher she wanted and has seen neighbors and old friends from daycare throughout her day. I put a note in her lunch box on the first day and the principle read if for her joking that it said "not listen to anyone, to misbehave, etc" of course she thought that was funny. Then at the end of the week they had an assembly and she got picked to go in front of the whole school and present a gift to a teacher. She has tremendous confidence and is such a sweetheart, she stands out. I know she's going to have a great year.
Isaiah, Emmy, Ashlee, Ashley, and Peter
Mrs. Whitaker's class

No comments: