Aunt Becki had been talking about taking Ashley to see the Nutcracker for a few years, so we finally made it happen and met them in Eugene for the Eugene Ballet Company's performance at the Hult Center. I was very impressed with the ballet and our seats were great. We had seen the ballet a few weeks prior when our neighbors performed locally. I was impressed with that one, but this was incredible! I was in awe at how well they told the story though dancing, unlike a play or musical where voices are used. I always thought of the Nutcracker as something I would fall asleep watching, not so! There was so much going on, such beautiful costumes and sets, and the dancing was phenomenal. Can you tell I enjoyed myself! Then after the show, Uncle Dallas used his connections and got us back stage to see where the dancers performed and the different sets they used. That was really cool too!
 |
| We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I had to sneak at least one in! |
 |
| standing in front of the orchestra pit |
 |
| Behind the scenes on one of the set pieces |
No comments:
Post a Comment