Friday, February 6, 2015
Skippyjon Jones
I didn't take any pictures because the event flew by, but I got the opportunity to go with Ashley's class on a field trip to Skippjon Jones at the Children's Theatre. Originally it was going to be a lottery for which parents got to go, but her teacher came across some extra tickets so everyone who volunteered was able to go. As it was, I was in charge of Ashley and two of her friends, which was plenty. I was very grateful for the extra adults who were there to help! You get a theatre full of excited 1st graders and it gets hectic! We met at the school at 10:30am and all piled into the bus to head downtown. It's been years since I've ridden a school bus and to do it with Ashley was super fun! When the bus arrived we were all ushered to our seats where the kids had to sit for about 1/2 hour before the play started. That was really hard, but once the lights went down and the play began it was silent! Their teacher had read the book in class, so the kids were familiar with the story which helped a lot. Everyone really enjoyed the play and I was excited to be a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment