Monday, April 9, 2007
Telling the Grandparents!
This was really fun. We wanted to tell them in person and since Brian's parents were coming for a visit March 30th and my parents were coming for Easter it was perfect timing because I was about 9 weeks along. We told Brian's parents by taking them to the hospital that we work at. Brian wanted to scan his Dad because his shoulder was hurting. When he was done I pretended I had a pain and wanted Brian to scan me to make sure everything was ok. As he's about to scan me he casually asked his parents if they wanted to see their new grandbaby. Matter of factly Brian's mom said yes, thinking he said ovary or something, she then realizes what he said and can't believe it. It tok a few minutes for things to sink in and tears were flowing, hugs and kisses were given, it was great. She was immediately on the phone and we had to quickly remind her that my parents didn't know yet. So, that's how Brian's parents found out. My parents had to wait, but I think it was worth it because this was not news you tell your parents over the phone. They came up on Saturday for Easter and since it was recently our Birthdays they had brought gifts. After opening them, I mentioned we had a gift for them. Brian had brought home a premie diaper from the NICU on Friday to show me and I decided to use that to tell them. I wrapped up the diaper in a box and put a card in with the box. I mentioned in the card that since it's been awhile we thought they might need some practice. As they're opening the box, Brian brings out sparkling cider with wine charms that I had made that said Grandpa and Grandma on them. Everyone had tears in their eyes and of course they were so excited. My mom can't wait to go shopping. We are finding out the sex by the way. I don't think my mom would be able to stand not knowing if it was a boy or girl and since this was a big enough surprise we decided it would be easier to plan for. It's funny we always said we wouldn't tell anyone until 12 weeks and we weren't going to find out the sex, but that's all out the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Emily,
I was looking at Hayley's blog, and saw Jamie's comment, which led me to you. Ok, on that note. I wanted to tell you Congratulations!!! This is super exciting, and I'll be excited to check in here time to time.
Good luck and congrats!!
Raina
Post a Comment