
I wanted to have one last weekend to spend with my girlfriends before the baby is born so we decided to spend the weekend at our beach house in Pacific City, Oregon. Five of us went, my friend Danielle and Joana who live here in Seattle, Laura who lives in Tacoma, and Maria who lives in Portland. We left Friday after work and got into Pacific City around 12:30am! It was along drive after a full day of work, but we wanted to have all day Saturday to spend on the beach. We had switched property managers a month before so even at 12:30 am I had to check out the place. I have to say that I was really pleased. You always worry that they're not going to take care of it the way you would, but so far they've done a great job. We had a lot of problems with our other property manager but

this new manager was one of the first in Pacific City and she does a great job getting renters in. Plus they add a few extra touches. I thought it was really cute, we walked in Friday night and on the kitchen counter they made a towel elephant and in the bedrooms were tuxedo jackets made out of the towels, it was a nice touch. So, seeing all that I was able to rest easy. The weather on Saturday was gorgeous, 80 degrees on the beach. There were surfers out and a ton of people on the beach, it felt like summer. We made breakfast in the morning and headed out to the beach around 11. There's a dune you can climb and there's beautiful views of the ocean from up there. So we did that and later on went to lunch at this really cute restaurant called the Riverhouse. They make their own salad dressing that sells in grocery stores and it's delicious! We decided to make dinner at home that night so headed to the grocery store and got pasta, dessert, and wine for the girls. It was so fun just hanging out talking about girl stuff. We're all in the medical field too, so there was a lot of medical talk going on. Maria is going to school in Portland to be a Naturopath and Danielle, Joana, Laura and I all graduated from ultrasound school together. The next morning we went to my favorite breakfast spot called the Grateful Bread (they make all their own bread) and left around noon. Thanks for a great weekend girls, I had so much fun!



2 comments:
that is the cutest pregnant shirt i have ever seen!! love it. glad you had a lovely time. I can't believe how busy the coast was! i sure miss that part of OR!
It is always nice to have girlies to hang with. Especially ones you have the most in common with. This trip sure did you good. Refreshes you for what lies ahead. I hope things are easier for you now that the time is getting closer. Take it easy and don't over do it. Love the pics.
Post a Comment