Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was very eventful and one of the pictures posted proves that! We headed down to Portland Friday night and had a nice dinner and visit with my parents. Saturday morning my dad and Brian went to Pacific City to install some motion lights on our beach house and Brian sat in on an annual meeting they had for the community. My mom and I spend the day together and got our hair done. As you can see I made a drastic change in hair color. I figured that I wouldn't have much time after the baby was born to keep my hair highlighted and figured darker would be a lot less maintenance. After our hair appointment we decided to get some fabric to cover a glider that I had found for the baby's room. On the way we ran out of gas! We got lucky though and were at an off-ramp with a gas station about 1/4 mile down the road. I wasn't going to sit in the car in the sweltering heat and wait for help so we got ourselves out of the car and hiked the 1/4 mile to find gas. They gave us this cute little gas tank that my mom thought should have been pink so at least we could have looked stylish walking back to our car, but we did get our gas and were on our way. I don't think we'll be doing that again any time soon! Saturday night was spent over at my aunt and uncle's for a BBQ. Sunday I met up with my best friend Maria at my favorite crepe place on 23rd street in Portland. For anyone who is visiting Portland or have not been there it's called Vivace Coffee House & Creperie and it makes delicious crepes, a food I fell in love with after visiting Paris. My favorite is nutella and banana. Perfect pregnancy food! It was great to see her and catch up. Sunday night we went over to a friends house for a party and Monday we left for home. Another great weekend .
There's the momster and her cute little gas tank
My best friend Maria and I sitting outside at the crepe place on 23rd
This was adorable. I couldn't help not taking this picture. We took Brody to the dog park when we got home on Monday and we saw this little boy walking his Springer Spaniel. I couldn't help but imagine our kids walking brody like that when they get older. It was precious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! You look great! Too funny about running out of gas, sounds like something my mom and I would do!

Raina said...

That is the funniest story about running out of gas. I have only done that once, and hope it never happens again! Cute hair, and GREAT ultrasound pictures! She looks beautiful already.

Aunt Becki said...

I can't wait to hear the entire story of running out of gas. I love the new hair color. It's nice to see Maria and you catching up. It's always nice to have our closest friends around. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Much Love,

Bec