Thursday, December 6, 2007

Finals almost Final

Brian has his last final tomorrow and I am so looking forward to having my husband back! He's done such a great job balancing school and family, but this week has been tough. He's been studying all day and night taking 2 tests a day. Ashley and I miss him! He has three weeks off though, which will be really nice. We'll get some good Daddy/Husband time in. He deserves a long break, he's worked really hard and done very well with his classes. We're going to spend the first week here at home just the three of us. We'll do our Christmas shopping and take Ashley to see Santa. Then we leave for Pendleton to see Brian's parents for a few days, then to Portland to see my family and also spend some time at the beach house. We'll be in Portland for Christmas. Pacific City got hit with a huge storm this past weekend and had power out for at least three days. In fact our property manager had to call us from Lincoln City because they didn't have phone or cell service and she wanted to tell us that our house didn't have any damage. The only thing was that our hot tub cover blew off and our house was covered in sand. They had winds up to 125+ miles an hour. We thought last year was bad, but this was worse. There are ocean front houses that just got buried under sand. We'll spend some time there cleaning the gutters and sweeping the walkway and driveway because I'm sure there is a ton of sand still to clean up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Family, and GREAT Pics Emily! Thank you for many updates of Team Timm! Best of Luck Brian, I am amazed at the balance you and your family are able to maintain while you are in school. A true model in every aspect is Team Timm and I am proud to know y'all.

Happy Holiday and ENJOY the break!

Cheers,
Mike Peoples

PS did you have time to watch the Civil War game? Do I need to buy Ashley some baby beaver gear?

Jen Thorn said...

Rob has been over at the coast since last Tuesday working on the power lines. They would keep him longer if they could, but I expect him home maybe tonight or tomorrow. Ashley is beautiful. She is lucky to have such great parents. Isn't being a parent great? Anyways congrats!
Take care, Jen Thorn

Raina said...

Ok... I'm sooo glad we ran into you and your cute baby and husband tonight. What a funny thing! I don't know how long you are in Portland for, but if you are here after the holiday, let's get together. I know that we can get Jessica too and have a real party :D