Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow In Seattle

Last Saturday (Dec. 1st) it snowed in Seattle and of course with my luck and Seattle weather, I got caught in it again. I decided to walk up to the Safeway to get some groceries because I was having the girls over for brunch the next day wanted to get some exercise. They had been talking about snow all week and so far we hadn't seen any. Plus it really didn't feel that cold. I got Ashley all bundled up and we headed out the door. I got done with my shopping and was standing in line to get my coffee and glanced out the window to notice that it was snowing, not just a light snow but huge snowflakes. I laughed to myself and thought here we go again. The walk back wasn't that bad, I had enough warm clothes and I knew Ashley was warm enough, it was just that I was soaked when I got home because it was really wet snow. It ended up sticking to the ground later and ended up being really pretty. I enjoyed it a lot more sitting by my fire inside! This is our backyard about an hour after I got home. It ended up raining that night so it all melted, but did snow for an hour on Sunday before it warmed up. Weird weather.

No comments: