Sunday, February 3, 2008

Play Time

Maybe this is just exciting for a mom, but Ashley laughed for the first time yesterday. We couldn't get enough of that little giggle. Brian had her in the morning before he went to study for midterms. He was tickling her belly and she let out this adorable laugh. Then this morning I had her and was lifting her legs up to her chest and making funny noises and she laughed again. Of course she won't perform on video, but we'll keep trying. Here are a few more things Ashley's been up to.
I put her in the Bumbo for the first time this weekend and she loved it. Friday I went to the grocery store and set her on the counter in it while I was unloading the groceries. She just sat there observing my every move and once in a while would concentrate on how she was going to get a hold of those toys in front of her. We've been seeing progress every day in that department. She wants to grab a hold of them so bad, she gets this look on her face and starts grunting. She's grabing her toys more and more, but it takes some major effort, so much so that she went down for a nap for 3 hours after exhausting herself with a new trick.
She used to not like this play yard until recently and now she just kicks her legs and gets so excited about the little animals dangling above her.

2 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

Oh my Angel.....I can't wait for the girls weekend at your Mom's....it's been so long since I've seen her. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that last picture of her on her tummy looks just like you Emily, at that age. My goodness, she gets more precious with every picture you post. Aren't we going to have a blast with her in three weeks. Counting down the days.

xoxoxo!