Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day!


Brian was studying for his last finals this weekend, so we celebrated Father's Day a little early on the Wednesday before by taking him out to dinner at Rosita's Mexican Restaurant on Greenlake. It was the first time we had put Ashley in a high-chair (don't ask me why we didn't do it sooner because she sits up so well), but she loved it and we were actually able to eat! Imagine that! Ashley and I also made Brian a plate with her hand print in the middle with I love you around it. I put her name and age around the edge along with memories that they've had together. One of the most precious things Brian does with Ashley is check on her before he goes to bed, it doesn't matter what time, and gives her three kisses one on her forehead, one on her cheek and one on her chest. I never knew he did this until a few weeks ago when I went to bed before him and later heard noise on the monitor. I clicked on the video part and saw him. I got tears in my eyes seeing how much he loves his daughter.

This is the plate we made for Papa, it turned out great. I hid it under my dresser and called him Sunday morning to wish him a Happy Father's Day and had him go find it. I wanted to do something special since we weren't there to celebrate on actual day.
These are our friends from PEPS Amy and her daughter Sophia and Shannon and her daughter Elizabeth. Sophia on the left has the same birthday as Ashley and Amy has the same birthday as me. Crazy huh?

1 comment:

Aunt Becki said...

What an awesome idea for the first Father's Day gift. We love you guys and miss you terribly.