Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PEPS Birthday Party

Since all the kids birthdays in our PEPS group are within 3 weeks of each other we decided to make one big celebration last Saturday. And because it was the day after Halloween we dressed them all up in their costumes. They were so cute! After about an hour we brought out a table for all the kids to stand around and eat their cupcakes. Ashley knew just what to do since she had been through this whole cake eating thing before. The funny thing was that all the kids left the table after 5 minutes or so, except for Ashley. She knew to stick around and get the left overs. It just reminds me so much of stories my Dad tells of his family dinners with 6 kids. By the end of the meal it would be him and his dad left because because inevitably arguments would brew and feelings would get hurt then one by one they would storm off leaving my Dad and Grandpa a peaceful meal all to themselves. I guess it runs in the family.





I love this picture of Jordan the Home wrecker and Oliver the Bad Boy

She's caught eyeing Oliver's cupcake. "Are you going to eat that?"

Ashley with the left overs all to herself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Not gonna miss a crumb of food, like her gramps. I know he can't wait for the lingering dinner talks with his little Ashes.

Aunt Becki said...

How adorable is that. I wish she could stay little for a bit longer. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.