Monday, September 14, 2009

Road Trip

The Saturday after graduation I planned a surprise road trip for Brian and I to celebrate the end of his two years in PA school. My plan was to take the Corvette since we never take it out together, it always seems easier than getting a babysitter for the both of us to go. Well Brian started talking like I didn't like the Corvette, which is not true so I wanted to plan this trip to show him how much I do like it and for some time just the two of us. The weather was supposed to be 80 degrees when I checked the Monday before. The day before our trip I checked again and RAIN! I was so mad. The whole idea of this trip was to take the Corvette, but since it doesn't have windshield wipers it would be really bad if it rained. We decided to go anyways and roll down the windows to pretend we were in the Corvette. Ashley spent the day with our friends and we headed up to Mt Erie for a picnic and then to Washington Park for gorgeous views of the San Juan's and Deception Pass. Guess what... it ended up being gorgeous and not one speck of rain fell on us all day. I didn't have nice things to say to the weatherman to say the least!!! We did have a really fun day, it just didn't go exactly as planned, oh well. There are plenty of other opportunities and no plan to sell the car any time soon.



View from Mt. Erie

1 comment:

Aunt Becki said...

What a day to share, despite the messed up plans. There always will be another time for you two to take the corvette out for a drive.