Sunday, July 11, 2010
4th of July
We had a great 4th of July this year with the kids. I was a little nervous not knowing how well they would do staying up so late, but because we went to a co-workers condo for a party we were able to put Isaiah in a room and he slept almost the whole time we were there. We decided to be in the annual Fox Hills parade his year with the kids. The parade started in my parents neighborhood about 20 years ago and I guess I was in it when we first moved there in 1990. So, in the morning we got the stroller all decorated in red, white and blue. My mom had made a tu-tu out of red, white and blue tool for Ashley and her baby so we made sure to pack that. The parade started at 4:00. I couldn't believe how many kids were in it and they even had cars and a fire truck at the end... a lot different than when it first started and about 10 kids participated. After the parade we BBQ'd with my parents at their house and then headed to Brian's co-worker's condo on the Columbia and watched the Vancouver fireworks from there. It was a great night and so much fun to have the kids with us.
Isaiah just barely fit into Ashley's baby stroller.

You can't see it very well, but Grammy made a matching tu-tu for Ashley's baby.
One tired little kiddo. She did great though and had fun playing with another little girl her age at the party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love the tu-tu's, your Mom did an excellent job making them. I love the picture of Ashley asleep with her leg over her arm rest. I remember when Brian would fall asleep in some of the most uncomfortable positions.
so cute and love the tu'tus! aren't grammies great! i don't remember this parade? looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment