Tuesday, December 21, 2010

11 months!

How do I capture this last month in words! I think I said last month that Isaiah is a pretty happy little kid, well he is still that way but this month's been a rough one for him. He's cutting 4 teeth on top and they seem to be taking forever to come in. It's affected his sleep and then he gets tired and cranky and no one is happy! He's been getting very mad when we take things away or tell him no. I can't help but turn around and laugh because it's so dramatic. One thing that really makes him mad is when we take him away from playing in Brody's food and water dishes. He waits until he thinks we're not looking and then shoots over there as fast as he can. Luckily Brody is very good with the kids and could care less that they're near his food, but still it's not something we're not going to allow him to play with no matter how much of a fuss he makes. Diaper changes have also become a challenge and as I was reading back to Ashley's 11 month entry it seemed to happen with her too. Maybe it's something to do with this age? Distraction works for a short period, so we've gotten really fast! With this booming personality comes laughter as well. He babbles and head nods all the time. I would love to understand what he's saying. We've taught him baby signs and "please" is a new one. He still yells, though, to get your attention especially when you're not fast enough! He eats anything and everything in sight. No more baby food, he gets everything we eat minus the nuts and corn. He got his first haircut right before Christmas and doesn't look like a baby anymore. It makes me sad to see him growing so fast, but I'm excited to see the little person he's going to become. He giggles out of excitement when we bring out books to read and loves to give big wet kisses! I love you Isaiah and can't believe you're going to be ONE next month!


1 comment:

Grammy said...

Emily, you captured our little man perfectly. He is such a joy to be around and his big dimpled smile and huge blue eyes just melt his grammy's heart. Can't wait for his special 1st birthday celebration.