Saturday, December 4, 2010

Santa we've been good this year



We dressed up the kids in their Christmas outfits and took them to see Santa last Monday to avoid the huge lines. I actually didn't think pictures with Santa was going to work this year because she had been at the mall with Brian the week before and when he asked if she wanted to see Santa this year a quick "No" came out. But... when I got out the Christmas decorations last weekend she saw a picture of her as a baby on Santa's lap. We started talking about Santa and she figured that if she did it as a baby (thank goodness she isn't screaming in that picture) she would be ok to see him again. So off we went after talking about Santa for days. We told her he has to wear that big red coat, boots and long beard because it's cold where he lives in the North Pole and that he has a big belly because he likes cookies, so that's why we set them out for him Christmas Eve. She thought that was pretty funny and pointed it out when we saw him. Both kids did great and do you know what Ashley asked for when she sat on his lap? "White gloves like you Santa" I guess all the talk about his outfit made an impression on her and she was really checking out his gloves and wanted some just like it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful Ashley and Isaiah. God bless you two beautiful angels.

Bahar said...

Pardon I forgot to sign my name in my message. :)

Aunt Becki said...

That's awesome, she too amazes me with all she picks up and so quickly. I can't wait to see you.