Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Skiing with Grandpa

It's not too often that I get to hang out just my Dad and I, so this outing was really special. We decided to head up to Mt Hood Meadows and do some night skiing a few Sundays ago. Sunday night is the night to ski, there was no one up there! We started at about 3pm and left at about 8:30. We stopped for an hour to fill our bellies, but then were back out on the slopes. 'Ol pop held up pretty well and was able to keep up with me. We're going to have to do this again soon because it was way too fun!

1 comment:

Dad said...

An added note to this posting; Emily is telling me on the way up to the mountain how she hasn't skied in two years, is out of shape, isn't familiar with the runs and so on. Well, like the caring and loving father that I am, I stop about half way down the first run to see how Em is faring as she struggles to stay up. I can't find her but I hear a faint "hey - I'm down here, come on"! She had blown right past me on the first turn and was cruising like she was some hotshot ski instructor! (Out of shape my a**!) Needless to say I stepped it up a bit to stay with her and we tore that mountain up. We had a great time and I hope we can go again sometime this season.