Thursday, August 4, 2011
Awesome Weekend!
We had our housewarming party the end of July, but the whole weekend ended up being full of fun stuff! Aunt Becki came into town on Friday. We had dinner out on the patio, great conversation along with a bottle of port wine she brought, and ended the night in the hot tub. Sat morning Brian was up at 4am getting the BBQ ready. He had just bought a new one to fit the 40 lbs of pulled pork he was cooking. He wanted to make sure it was going to be ready in time for the party. The meat went on at 5:15am and cooked all day. It was delicious and smelled so good! He had also picked up the keg the day before so all of his attention would be on the BBQ! It also goes hand in hand, a man's got to have a beer when he's cookin' meat right?! We got most everything set up in the morning, so when the kids went down for a nap Becki and I snuck out for pedicures. Everyone came over around 4pm. We had a great time and hope to host many more parties now that we finally have the space. Sunday morning was a lazy one. On the menu for breakfast... pulled pork! It was so good, that's all we ate for the next few days. Becki left around noon and at 2:00 my mom took Bonnie and I to the play "Hairspray" and the Deb Fennel Auditorium. This was the best play I have ever seen, went beyond my expectations which were already high because I loved the movie. After the play my mom and I had a glass of wine and appetizer's at Hayden's on the lake. It was the perfect end to an awesome weekend! I wasn't very good with taking pictures this weekend, but here are a few.
Becki decorated this cake for our party. It turned out great!! I love the little family of frogs. She put so much detail into it, the little girl frog has curls like Ashley.
Picking raspberries n our backyard before the party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great party, great cake, great pulled pork, great keg of beer, great fire in the fire pit, great friends and family. To sum it up, great time!
Post a Comment