Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fam Jam 2011

Brian, Gramps, Uncle Dallas, Aunt Becki, Isaiah, Gram, Mama, Ashley (not wanting to take the picture), Grammy, and Grandpa. (not pictured, Uncle Dan. He had to go back early to work)


We finally got sun for 6th annual Fam Jam! We had to move it to Prineville Reservoir to get it, but well worth the 4-5 hour drive that we all had to make. During the day it was in the mid 80's, perfect for spending a lot of time out on the water tubing and skiing, mama even got up on the wake board (it's been a long time!) We set up camp down at the beach and had the boat out in the water for anyone who wanted to go. The kids even went tubing and did great! I was really proud of Ashley since she's normally so hesitant about this stuff. We pointed out all the other tubers on the water and she waved to them, getting excited for her turn. We asked her if she was ready and out she went with Brian. Just hopped on the tube, waving the whole time. Isaiah did the same, no tears, just as happy as can be out there waving his little hand. At night it got down to the mid 40's, perfect for a good nights sleep. I was grateful for this because naps were a challenge since it got so hot in the camper. Isaiah did catch a few z's out on the boat, which helped a little. Only a few meltdowns all weekend... not too bad considering. I think all the distraction helped! We split meals again (this always works out great) and enjoyed a lot of good food. We had shish kabobs, steak, BLT's, craw fish tails and salmon, breakfast in the dutch oven, and yogurt parfaits. Yummy! It was such a great trip. We scoped out campsites for next year a little closer to the water. We'll see if Brian can work his magic (I think they go fast). Now that we've found this campground, I think we'll be coming back year after year.


This year I had a banner made. We'll hang it at Fam Jam every year and it will be our background for our annual picture. I hope we'll continue this tradition as our kids grow older. It will be fun to look back at the changes our family makes over the years.

Isaiah evidently makes a good pillow when he's sleeping. When he's awake Brody wants nothing to do with him.

Isaiah loved sitting in this spot all weekend, he was a mess with all the dust







Uncle Dan and Mama

Gramps and Mackenzie



"CHEEEEESE"

Isaiah was wiped out from all the fresh air, sun and no nap! He fell asleep as soon as we got going.

Ashley and Papa on the tube. Her face doesn't show it in the picture, but she had a blast.

Papa and Isaiah on the tube

Can you see him waving?

Checking out Ashley's "catch", she set up the trap earlier in the day. These chipmunks were everywhere and not afraid to come right up to the campsite. I think they get well fed with all the food left out around there.

Poor guy... not so smart though. He went running right back to oour camp after we freed him.

The kids loved this lawn mower that grandpa got for Isaiah.


Gram and her kids.

Becki and Dallas.

check out Sammy in route to shore.

Lunch time at the beach.



Aunt Becki taking her turn on the tube

The guys completing their makeshift golf course.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Was just reminising with a policyholder who goes to Prineville Reservior every yr. What a great time we had and can't wait for next yr, already. Highlights for me were going out with my darling daughter and my hubby for waterskiing Mon morning, seeing the kiddos tube, floating in the boat with Em, Dan and Tom (it has been so long since we 4 did that) all the wonderful meals, great weather, awesome banner Emily had made, great lake and campground. I could go on and on. Fond memories to last until next year when we make even more:)

Love you all for making Fam Jam so successful every year.

Aunt Becki said...

My fondest memories were just sitting around the campfire and telling our stories as kids and what we've done in the past. Another one is when Dallas and I palyed with the kids in the inner tube while Mama and Papa went up on the skis. Like Jen, I can't wait for next year. I loved the collaborative efforts in finding different campsites for next year, too.

grandma Hey said...

it was a great time had by all of us. And to have sun the whole time was wonderful. I loved playing in the water with the kids while mom and papa were sking . we laugh and played. I wish we could do it again before next year. It's too long to wait. I will be looking forward to camping all together next year. But we had a wonderful vacation.

Gram

Tom said...

It was a welcome challenge to find a cool spot in the shade and enough sunscreen during "Fam-Jam" for a change! As everyone has mentioned already, I also really enjoyed our time together. Having three generations of Timm men tubing was cool(Steve, Brian, Isaiah), and having Becky, Dallas and Ashley have a go at it also. Spending time on the water just hanging out was really relaxing. The food was great and a fun variety from the dutch oven, cajun crawdad cooking, steaks on the grill, and topping it off with a parfait on Monday 'morn. Chasing those awesome grandkids around is always a treat and I think taking them fishing for crappie would be a fun adventure down the road. I agree that Prineville Reservoir may be our new Fam-Jam HQ in coming years and I look forward to further refining our experience with new ideas. Thanks to everyone for your contributions to make the weekend special as we all look forward to our next time together.

"Gumpah Tom"