Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Father's Day

Brian somehow got put on call two years in a row on Father's Day. So, while he was working in the morning I took the kids to Grandpa's house for breakfast to spend Father's Day morning with my pops. Uncle Dan came over and Grammy made a delicious spread. We headed back home to have lunch with Brian and put the kids down for a nap. After nap Brian decided to have Ashley help him work on the car. I felt bad that he was doing this on Father's Day, but he insisted that's what he wanted to be doing. It was cute to see Ashley so interested and willing to help, good father/daughter time! For dinner we packed up and had a picnic at Carver Park. I forgot to pack his gift, so we gave him a Husky flag the next day. Now he can fly the UW glad proudly come football season.





1 comment:

Aunt Becki said...

Oh how I wish we could live closer to make those special holidays, even more special. We'll do what we can while we're together. Love you.