Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Isaiah's Room

When we moved into our house back in May, Isaiah's room was pink... not the best color for a boy! This is what I turned it into. It all started with the upholstered fishing chair that Brian had. I found a fishing border online, paint to match, and these adorable curtains my mom made (they match the border almost identically). The macrame glass float hanging over the chair was made by Uncle Mike, the framed birth announcement Aunt Becki made, and my mom's boss made the letters last year for Isaiah. It finally all came together.

1 comment:

Grandpa Lewis said...

This is a much better set-up than what I had as a 2 year old! My bed "room" was in the corner of my parents bedroom because our house had only 3 bedrooms for 5 kids and 2 parents at the time. My two older brothers slept in one of the rooms, my two sisters in the other. When Rhonda came along and took my place, I graduated to my brothers room so there were now 3 boys sleeping in one small bedroom. My older brothers weren't happy about me cramping their space and I remember being bounced around quite a bit and Dad getting real mad about it! I'd cheer him on when Dad would grab each of my brothers and discipline them with a good shake and a warning to knock it off. Ah, the good old days :)