Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year at our house. Brian's mom came into town with her famous smoked turkey that she orders from Pendleton. She brought this one year and from now on no turkey, no trespassing! Of course her pies as well because they're so delicious! My parents came over with some yummy dishes to add to the feast and our friends Tiff, Isaiah, and Isabelle as well as Uncle Dan came over. I had a lot of fun this year making a few projects. I learned how to make bows for the candle holders, a "Thankful" banner to hang on the fireplace and leaves that I cut out for us all to write what we were thankful for this year and hang on the "Thankful Tree". It's a tradition I want to start. I think it will be really good to remember everything we were thankful for in the past as well as the one's we are thankful for now. Brian was on call that weekend and I was really thankful he didn't get called in!




place settings

2 comments:

Grandpa Lewis said...

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays of the year. I have a lot of great memories as a child growing up of the big turkey in the oven and the wonderful meal my Mom and Dad made; traveling out to my brother Phil & Maureen's home in Marshalltown, IA for the holiday and sitting at a table that extended from the dining room all the way into the living room to fit all their guests; and starting our own thanksgiving tradition out here in Portland with our young family.
Going to your house is a real treat for the holiday with the wonderful meal, sharing it with your family, and seeing you start your own traditions with the smoked Pendleton turkey, thankful tree and banner.
Thank you for carrying on this tradition and for the many memories we will add in the coming years.

Grammy said...

Ditto to dad's comments.