Tuesday, November 13, 2012

She's 5!

Ashley Cakes, how did you get to be 5 years old already!? You are such a beautiful person inside and out. We've been teaching you to pray lately and you have taken this very serious, just like most things in your life. The other day Papa was telling you about a patient he had to operate on that was very sick. He couldn't tell you his name, but you prayed for him anyways and he got better. Another morning you woke up telling me you didn't dream that night, you just prayed for those who were sick and so they would get better. You are so sweet and such a good helper at home and school. You love when your teacher gives you tasks to help out in the classroom or when mommy asks you to help out at home, folding laundry, making your bed (this one you actually do without me asking!) or your favorite... washing windows! You take pride in the work you do and like positive feedback. You encourage Isaiah to do good things and lead by example. He looks up to very much! Papa is teaching you to read "Green Eggs and Ham" and your deal with him is that when you can read the whole book you get to paint your nails. You are a very girly girl and have a great sense of style. The ladies at the grocery store comment on your outfits and with a smile on my face I tell them "she dresses herself!" Mama and Papa were blessed with your birth 5 years ago and we continue to admire the little girl you've become.



1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ok, Emily, you made me cry and I am reading this at work. What a beautiful and extremely accurate description of our little princess. She contuinues to amaze me and I have such pride at what a wonderful, kind, thoughtful, smart, loving, helpful, great dresser, sweet and nurturing big sister,and beautiful person she is growing up to be.

I might add, I attribute alot of who she is to her amazing momma and papa. You are doing an wonderful job and I am so very proud of both of you, as well.

With pride and joy!