Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Decorations

We started decorating for Christmas right away this year. We were listening to Christmas music a few weeks before Thanksgiving, but we did wait until after Thanksgiving to get the decorations up. I LOVE this time of year. I love the smell of the Christmas tree, I love getting out decorations that have meaning and stories behind them to share with the kids, I love setting up the nativity scene and watching the kids tell the story of Jesus as they play with it, I love driving home each night looking at the houses all lit up, I love the smiles on the kids faces as they open each drawer on the advent calendar bringing them one day closer to Christmas and most of all I love shopping for gifts. We have had a very blessed year and have a lot to celebrate.


Christmas Elves getting their rest

These munchkins found a comfy spot while Papa brought the Christmas tree in

Ashley putting the angel on top of the tree. I remember Dan and I used to take turns doing this. We tired with Isaiah this year but nearly knocked the tree down. Maybe next year will be his year. We got our tree for the 2nd year in a row from the boy scouts and it smells great! We made a sop at Calamity Janes for milk shakes too!

No comments: