Thursday, August 22, 2013

Flight with Dr. Lund

Flying is one of Brian's passions.  Before we got married, he paid a lot of money to fly an airplane and ever since it has been a dream to get his pilot license.  When he started working for Kaiser and found out that Dr. Lund (one of the Anesthesiologist) flew airplanes, it was an instant bond.  The hard part was finding a time when they both weren't on call and the weather was nice.  Well, last Monday was the day and I was invited!  I've had hesitation in the past when Brian talked about flying with him, but when I was invited there really didn't seem to be a good reason not to go, Grammy without hesitation had no problem taking the kids.  It was amazing!  What I was most impressed with was how much concentration you have to have while flying.  Between the radio and watching for other aircraft, there isn't much time for chit chat.  I kept quiet in the back and enjoyed the beautiful scenery while Dr. Lund let Brian fly!




Oregon City Falls.  We got to fly over our house!

Downtown Portland



Yep!  That's Brian flying!!!!!


No comments: