Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend with the Family

This past weekend was spent catching up with family. My grandparents were visiting from Arizona and decided they hadn't seen their favorite granddaughter in awhile, so decided to come up to Seattle to pay her a visit. My parents are always up for a visit to the Timm household so they came along, but it just so happened that Stephanie, Brian's mom, was also in Seattle for a high school reunion so we got the pleasure of having everyone up this weekend. Oh, and my cousin Lucas decided he didn't want to miss out on the fun so he came along too. Saturday Grandma, Mom and I walked around Greenlake. It's a lake near our house and it's 4 miles door to door. I was very proud of Grandma. She made it all the way around with only a few stops. The boys went golfing and good old Seattle weather, it rained. Yes it is July, but we have had the craziest weather here and it's caused it to be very humid. It is supposed to stop, but it's been a week and we want our sun back! Saturday night Grandma and Grandpa treated us to Indian food and Sunday after church we had everyone over to our house for brunch. It was great to see everyone, a little crammed in our townhouse, but good thing we all like each other!


Grandma, Mom, and I



Grandma, Mom, Me, and Steph



Breakfast at our house



Dinner at the Indian restaurant


This is the fabric that my mom and I picked out when we were in Portland a while ago. We had so much fun picking it out for our little princess. Stephanie is going to make the crib bedding and my mom is going to make the curtains, diaper stacker and an organizer to hang on the crib. The white floral fabric is going to be the crib skirt, the green polka dot is the bumper, all the fabric will be in the quilt that will either be on the bed or a wall hanging, and the pink polka dot and floral will be the diaper stacker, organizer, and curtains. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we never miss an opportunity to visit our special family in Seattle. What a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality. Receiving comunion at mass from both of you was very special for all of us. Brunch was delicious. The walk around the lake is always a favorite of mine and the Indian restaurant Sat night was outstanding.

Brian, we sure appreciate your adjusting your study schedule so we were able to spend some precious time with you. Hope you test goes well today.

Love my little family,

Mom L

Jamie said...

The fabric is adorable. The Gma's better get started! Can't wait to see pictures of the room when it's complete. Love and miss you guys! Wish we lived closer.

Tiffany said...

Okay cute Emily. You saw my blog and now I've seen yours! What fun! I can't believe we are due about the same time. My official date is October 26...when is yours? I love the fabrics you chose for the nursury. Having a girl is so much fun. It seems like most of us Portland Girls are having girls. I love it. You look adorable with that little tummy of yours. Be sure to post a picture of the nursury when it is finished. Luv ya! Tiff