Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Baby Class

Last night we went to our first baby class! It was actually really helpful and we met a lot of great people. The class goes for 7 weeks and we meet Wednesdays from 7-9pm. They teach a lot of breathing techniques and stretches helpful for relieving back and hip pain in pregnancy. Also relaxing techniques for the birth. Since I'm planning on going natural I've realized I'll need all the advice I can get. Our instructor is a registered doula, so she's extremely helpful. We were so motivated by our baby class we went home and put the crib together (we've had it in the hall for about a month). I love looking in there and imagining what's it's going to be like with our little pumpkin sleeping in there. Brody, on the other hand, wasn't so sure about the situation, he showed some major concern with what was going on. I think he thought we were building a cage for him or something. He wouldn't come in the room on his own and when we called him he walked slowly with his tail between his legs. Once we comforted him I think he realized it wasn't for him and started checking out what was going on. I often wonder how he's going to handle the transition. He gets a lot of attention right now. I'll post a picture of the room once it's done, I think it's going to turn out really cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed your first class. I remember the birthing classes being a very positive, informative part of the last trimester. Really gets you excited and gives you confidence that you can really do this birth thing. The couples you meet could end up being good friends. Afterall, you have a common bond with your babies.

That is to funny about Brody. I can just picture him acting that way. What a love. Give him a hug and kiss from grammy.

Much love to my precious little family.

Poe said...

Hi! Thanks for your fun comments on our blog! It's always good to know, I'm not wasting my time - friends and family really do go there. :) Plus, I love how many friends are using the blogs now so we all can feel more in touch.

I'm so excited for your new family member! Good luck with the birthing process! You are a brave woman! :) You can totally do it!

Take care,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

It's been a couple of months since I checked out your blog. You are so cute pregnant! Your little one is looking pretty special, too.

I am so excited for you and Brian and your families. Your mom is going to looooooooooooove being a grandma. It brings back all of those special feelings of having babies and watching them grow up.

Jennifer is looking pretty cute for being a grandma and having just hiked to the gas station and back. Perfect day for wearing camoflauge. She will definitely be a fun grammy.

The pic of you and Dan is a good one, too. Dan is such a cool guy. These blogs are great. It's fun seeing all of you girls starting your own little families. I wonder who is going to have the first boy.

Tell everyone hello and take care.

Love, Karen