Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Curious Girl

I was cooking in the kitchen and Ashley thought it smelled good she told Papa to lift her up so she could see what was going on in there. She doesn't know it yet, but she'll probably learn most of her cooking from her Dad, I can teach her the basics though, just nothing fancy. She is definitely getting to be a lot more fun. We can interact with her so much more. She's interested in toys, books, funny faces and noises. She gets to talking and kicking her legs and arms. It's amazing what little can excite a baby. She definitely keeps us entertained. All of that play time gets her tired though and she's been sleeping up to 8 hours at night! We put her to bed around 7pm and she'll wake up at 2 or 3am and then 6 or 7am ready to be up for a few hours and then back to bed. Now if mom could go to bed a little earlier I would get more sleep too! We haven't set a schedule for the afternoon because mom's usually out and about, but I guess that comes around 4 months. She can still sleep in the car and stroller no problem, so that's a good thing.

4 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

How time flies when we're having fun. I can't believe how she's grown. We miss you and love you three so much.

grandma Hey said...

what a real cutie to say the least. Sure miss seeing you in person. Looking forward to a visit just don't know when. The picture of her here and doing tummy time is just precious. We love all three of you.

Jessica and Kevin said...

If only Josie would go to sleep at 7 and stay asleep for that long ON HER OWN!! I think Ashley needs to teach her a few things! She is beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Emily! She is a doll! It's the best, being a mom, isn't it? These girls are something else. Your little Ashley reminds me of my Jane. Just about the same age. By the way, I make the bows from ribbon...I take them off right before I shampoo her hair. Bows, bracelets, I love acessories.Love ya, Tiff