Tuesday, June 17, 2008

7 Months



Ashley turned 7 months on the 5th. Yes, I'm a little late but life has been busy. Ashley has been busy too. She's started to babble DaDaYaYaBa and all sorts of variations to communicate what she's thinking. This is one loud child, I wish you all could hear her. Our nanny started last week while I returned to work three days a week, so she's been getting to know her. Tiona (our nanny) is wonderful and Ashley has warmed up to her quickly. When I come home and hold her she smiles at Tiona and tries to find her when she's not in her sight. She has no tears in the morning, there were just a few from me on my first day. I was choked up and holding back tears the whole bus ride in. It's so hard to leave her, but it's also good to be back to work. It was like I had never left. They still had my name tag and passwords and scanning came back quickly, which was a huge relief. I love talking to patients about Ashley and comparing stories with the OB patients I see. My entire locker is filled with pictures of her.

2 comments:

Aunt Becki said...

How time flies when you're having fun. She's got character coming out her ears.

Anonymous said...

What a big girl, standing up in her crib all by herself. I now have this picture on my screen saver. Love it!