Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Celebrating 4 years!

Brian and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend. The actual day is the 18th but we thought we would take advantage of the Grandparents wanting to watch Ashley over night while we stayed in Portland. We drove down Thursday night so we would have three full days there since we hadn't seen them in so long, plus it was my last Friday off and Brian didn't have class. Friday morning Ashley and I had breakfast with Maria at her new place that she's renting in the West Hills while Brian and my dad went golfing. Saturday Brian and I went shopping for a new wardrobe for his clinical year. I'm not very excited about the laundry that goes along with him dressing up every day, but boy does he look handsome! When he was working in Ultrasound we wore scrubs that the hospital laundered so I hardly had to do wash, I'll miss that. That night we stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at the convention center while miss Ashley had fun with Grammy and Grandpa. They took her to my cousins football game and didn't get to bed until 9:30! Lets just say that she had a blast with them. We had dinner reservations at Jimmy Mak's, a popular jazz place. The next morning we slept in and got room service for breakfast, sat in the hot tub and headed back to my parents around noon. We had so much fun getting dressed up and going on an official date, it's been a while and it was just like old times! We had complete trust in my parents and we didn't even call to check in until the morning, not bad for the first over night. Of course we missed her tons, but it was so nice to have an evening all to ourselves. Sunday we took the boat out and went for a cruise. That night we had a BBQ to celebrate both ours and my parents anniversary which is on the 23rd and Monday we left to go home.

Grandpa and Ashley on the Harley. Notice my dad's shirt, he had to get dressed for the part

My mom late for work because of this little distraction

I got this push cart for her because she started to take steps and it's amazing how fast she figured it out. She's cruising! I think it helped with her figuring out how to crawl because she's figured that out too. I think she realized if you go forward you get closer to things, amazing!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun Grammy and Gramps had with our little angel. We just could not get enough of you and like Uncle Dan said, watching you is better than going to a good movie. You were a source of constant entertainment and are extremely well behaved. You have your little routine but are flexable enought to deviate from it with no problem. We love you to pieces, sweet Ashley, and loved our precious time together.

Just wish mom would have let me put makeup on before she took our picture.lol