How about a word from Dad! Emily has done such a great job documenting and commenting on Ashley's developments. I think it is time for Dad to say a few words.
Ashley is getting more and more fun everyday. I feel like I have been saying that forever now, but it is true. It seems each day she does something new and fun. One of my favorite things she does is when either Emily or I look at her she gives us the biggest, goofiest, gummiest, smile the Lord every made. It simply melts our hearts and leaves us begging for more, which she now obliges and gives us all the the smiles we could ask for.
On another note, it is said children teach parents as much or more about life as we teach our children. At the young age of 10 months Ashley is teaching her father. I have been tickling Ashley since she was three months old. She forever had the infamous Ashley stare, expressionless and yet curious; I tickled away only hoping for the day she understood my actions. Finally that day has arrived. Now a day never goes by when I can't make her laugh and giggle when I tickle her. Sweetheart, I waited seven long months of incessant tickling to hear the sweet sound of your laugh. You taught me patience and I taught you to laugh! I would love to put a video of her laughing on the blog, but she reminded me it will come in due time. Have patience Dad.
Within the past two weeks she has gone from walking behind her little push toy to crawling. Backwards order you say, walking then crawling? Ashley defies all the books and "natural order" of things. Ashley could care less if the chicken or the egg came first, she is writing her own book.
Below you will see two videos, one of her walking behind her push cart and one with her crawling. Please don't think the phone call video is cheesy (I know it is); I am a proud father simply seeking entertainment at his daughter's expense.


5 comments:
Brian I enjoy the way you write. Watching the three of you grow is just awesome. I love the videos because everybody is there and being a part of the happening. Ashley you are such a joy to have as a part of our family. We love you all so much
You hit the nail on the head with what children bring to our lives. It is awesome to see how you two have developed as parents. Ashley can be so lucky to have parents as great as you two. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again.
Brian, I love to hear the sound of your voice and I see that fatherhood has done you well. Ashley is one lucky little girl to have you for her DAD!
Emily & Brian,
Just wanted to say what a lovely daughter you have and what a treat to see the history through your blog! I loved the "Hello? It's for YOU!" line to coax Ashley into crawling-just precious! Hope to see you guys when I'm in Seattle or better, for the wedding in St. Louis next summer :)
Leah
This is just too cute for words. Emily you and Brian are such good parents - just like your mom and dad were to you, Emily. This is an awesome way to share your lives with others. Ashley is a joy! You are truly blessed! Love you lots! I NEED to call your mom to catch up - I miss her and your dad.
Debbie West
Post a Comment