Tiona was our nanny over the summer and her last day was Thursday. She starts back up at Seattle Pacific University for her last quarter and could only work a few hours a week. It was great having her here this summer. She took very good care of Ashley and Ashley loved her. She always had a big smile on her face as Tiona walked upstairs in the morning. It was a great transition for me going back to work and we saw that Ashley did just fine while we were gone. So that left us with trying to find out where Ashley was going to go while I started full time at UW (last minute change of jobs, I was going to work at NWH but on paper UW was a much better pick). Brian was off for a few days last week and decided to call around for daycare while I was at work. I was getting really stressed out trying to find somewhere for her to go and every place I called they had at least a year wait. Brian calls a place up in Northgate and gets a tour that day. He calls me at work and tells me he's found a place for Ashley to go starting Sept 16th, today. I couldn't believe it, here I am so stressed, he calls one place and they have a spot for her. I think it's going to be really good for her. She'll have lots of kids to play with, new toys, huge area to crawl around on, etc, etc... They provide food, so that takes away the planning and packing for that and they do cloth diapers so we don't have to switch to disposable. Also when number 2 comes we get priority for the infant room if I decide to keep working. So, we'll see how it goes but so far we're really happy with the situation.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Tiona's Last Day
Tiona was our nanny over the summer and her last day was Thursday. She starts back up at Seattle Pacific University for her last quarter and could only work a few hours a week. It was great having her here this summer. She took very good care of Ashley and Ashley loved her. She always had a big smile on her face as Tiona walked upstairs in the morning. It was a great transition for me going back to work and we saw that Ashley did just fine while we were gone. So that left us with trying to find out where Ashley was going to go while I started full time at UW (last minute change of jobs, I was going to work at NWH but on paper UW was a much better pick). Brian was off for a few days last week and decided to call around for daycare while I was at work. I was getting really stressed out trying to find somewhere for her to go and every place I called they had at least a year wait. Brian calls a place up in Northgate and gets a tour that day. He calls me at work and tells me he's found a place for Ashley to go starting Sept 16th, today. I couldn't believe it, here I am so stressed, he calls one place and they have a spot for her. I think it's going to be really good for her. She'll have lots of kids to play with, new toys, huge area to crawl around on, etc, etc... They provide food, so that takes away the planning and packing for that and they do cloth diapers so we don't have to switch to disposable. Also when number 2 comes we get priority for the infant room if I decide to keep working. So, we'll see how it goes but so far we're really happy with the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment