Wednesday, October 1, 2008

11 Months!

Look mom, I can climb the stairs now

Kylee taking Ashley around the driveway on her new big wheel

This is the look when I try to take pictures of her now. I get the "mom, would you stop already, I've had enough"


Where has time gone? One more month and my little baby is a year! She has developed quite the little personality in those 11 months and she is a character! She makes us laugh all the time. She's been having more animated conversations lately and will point something out and talk with raised eye brows and head nods. It's adorable. No definable words yet, still babble, but they're words to her. Daycare has gone really well. Brian takes her in the morning and picks her up most days. I take her and pick her up on Fridays when Brian has a long day at clinic or when he has to stay late for a patient. They say that you need to introduce food to your baby at least 20 times before you can say they don't like something. Well, we've found that's true because one day she'll like something and the next she makes this horrible face and spits it out. But... she's always up for bananas and we can mix anything with applesauce and she'll eat it. Everything is "da" and she likes to feed us her food, especially the stuff she doesn't like. Smart girl, we think it's cute and she doesn't have to eat it. We've also been experiencing the joy of changing diapers with a child who hates having her diaper changed. How all the sudden does this happen? How bad can it be to have a nice clean diaper when we're done? We try to distract her with a toy, and have found a book with flaps that works well, but there are days where she has an absolute fit! This girl has an opinion of what she does not like! Other things she's mastered is standing up in her crib even with her sleep wrap on. She's going to master the potato bag races when she's older! One minute we'll look at the monitor and she's sleeping like a log, the next minute she's up on her feet in the corner and we can't see her. The first time this happened it scared the crap out of me, I thought she climbed out, but then I saw little feet moving around in the corner and figured it out. She doesn't make any noise when she wakes up until she starts playing and talking, so there are times we don't even know she's awake until she peek in on her. She likes to have her belly or back rubbed before bed. She wiggles her shoulders to get comfortable, gives you a big smile, turns her head and night-night. 6:30 has been her new bed time because she is absolutely exhausted when we bring her home from daycare. I've had to adjust to this because I feel like I never get to see her. I try to snuggle with her at night before bed, but she just wants to go to bed so I steal snuggles in the morning when she's sleepy and likes to cuddle. Oh, one more adorable thing I never want to forget is that she's learned the milk sign and every so often she'll be nursing and stop to look up at me with a big smile and squeeze her little hand for milk. To see your child learn how to communicate and learn things is amazing and the little things become so rewarding as a parent because we're teaching her everything she knows. All the joys of parenting, I wouldn't change anything for the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have such a wonderful friend like Kaylee, who gives you rides on her big wheel. You two are going to have such fun playing together now that you are getting to be a big girl like her. Watch out moms, once Ashley starts walking, oh the FUN those two will have!