Ashley turned 1 November 5th. I can't believe my baby is a toddler now! I keep getting emails from babycenter.com and one week it refers to her as a baby and the next a toddler. I was so sad on her birthday. It was my first night taking call and on my way home I got called in for an ER case. By the time I got home she was in bed, but Dad gave her some ice cream, sang "Happy Birthday" and taped it so I could watch it when I came home. It was really sweet. I got to celebrate with her early though, so hopefully it won't leave too big of a scar. So, our Toddler is crawling up the stairs, loves talking on her phone, is down to one nap a day, does not like whole milk but will drink some because she's a good girl, loves lentils, gives lots of kisses, waves and blows kisses goodbye, sleeps on her tummy, is now in disposables because daycare won't do cloth anymore (it's amazing how small she looks in her clothes now without that big diaper!), makes a fish face when she hears something in the distance and doesn't know what it is, gasps when she's almost fallen down or hurt herself (she's very cautious), will walk holding onto just one of our hands, likes to grab Brody's tail and ears but is very good about being gentle with him and pets his back (of course she gets lot of kisses from him and he's always around her when we're home), she also likes to lay on his bed. She'll sign more, milk, all done, up, and loves to play pat a cake. She's ticklish around her neck and tummy and she's started to get curls! Grandma Timm loves to tell stories of Brian's curls and since I have curly hair we knew Ashley was destined to get some. Those cute curls don't excuse some of her behavior she's had lately, though. She's been testing her mommy, especially when she wants to stand up in the tub. I tell her no and sit her back down, but she looks at me with a smile and does it again. It's hard not to laugh, but I know it's our job to teach her what she can and can't do and laughing does not get the message across. The other night she stood up in the tub a handful of times even though she's slipped and bumped her head before, so I pulled her out and told her she was done. Of course she didn't like it, but that was her choice. She's definitely at the stage of seeing what she can get away with. Luckily this is one of the few times she doesn't listen, usually she is very good about stopping what she's doing when we tell her no. I cross my fingers that this will be the majority of cases even though I know I may be kidding myself! Her One Year stats... height: 30inches (60%), weight: 20lb 1oz (24%), head circ: 45 1/2cm (55%).
You got to love how big her diaper makes her bottom look. The price she paid to do something good for the environment. Again the camera case, she loves that thing!


4 comments:
Oh wow, how time flies when we're having fun. I miss you guys and can't wait for the next week and a half to fly by. We're so excited to spend time with the whole family. She must really love her play table that Uncle Dallas picked out. Looks like she'll get a lot of use out of it. We love you and can't wait to see you guys again.
Happy Birthday to Ashley! Congrats to mom and dad! You've made it as parents for a whole year!! And wonderful ones at that! Can you believe how fast time flies...seriously. Emily...I remember when I was in the grocery store trying to find some vitamins and telling you we were trying to get pregnant. Now Dilyn is almost a year and a half, you've been pregnant and had Ashley! Craziness...
Hey Emily and Tim - Congratulations on the little one! I didn't know you were living in Seattle again. We will have to meet up sometime once we move back into the US. We will be moving to the Bremerton area for Brandt's last year with the NAVY. Thank Goodness - both almost done!
You sweet little angel, you. I love how you grunt (and how mom trys not to laugh) while climbing the stairs to get the prize in the corner. How cute that you sit on the stairs and report to momma and papa about your busy day. What a big girl you're getting to be. And I love the curls. We've waited a whole year to see those pop out and they are adorable, just like you.
One week and I get to give my little munchkin hugs and kisses for four glorius days.
Post a Comment