We have been really happy with our daycare. Ashley's learning so much from her teachers and the other kids. I really think this is why her language skills have taken off in the last month. Today she grabbed her cheeks and said "Keeks" We didn't teach her that! They have a really cool way for parents to be involved with what's going on in the day and it's through a website where each kid has their own portfolio. They upload pictures of what the kids are doing during the day, announce birthdays and any other messages they need to get out to the parents. Here's a few pictures they've taken since she started last Sept.

3/2009 Here she is with Scarlet. They have a sensory tub they fill with water and bubbles and put different things inside for the kids to play with. One week they were learning about babies and got to give them a bath, feed them and cover them with blankets to sleep.

3/2009 Ashley liked to sit on the stairs when they went outside and one day all the other kids decided that was a good idea too! Left to Right Scarlet, Collin, Annika, Ashley, and Kaemon

2/2009 This was a fun toy, they got to watch the all roll down all the tunnels to the bottom, all the kids thought this was pretty cool. Her teacher LaKendra works at a kids store on the weekends and finds all sorts of new toys for the kids to play with. One day they turned out the lights and had a disco ball going. The kids thought that was so cool!

11/2009. Tired little girl, she's only done this once so I'm happy they got a picture! I never understood how a kid could be so tired to fall asleep while eating. I would think they would show signs of being tired well before but I think they just hit the wall and that's exactly what happened here!

11/2009, Going for a walk around the neighborhood. I think Ashley even got to go on the swings on this trip. We loved her teacher Robyn, she cared for Ashley like she was her own.

11/2009. Her teacher Robyn got a kick out of her this day. She was feeding another baby a bottle and Ashley stood on this cushion and looked out the window for about 15minutes.

11/2009

10/2009. She showed early signs of being a girlie girl, loves those bracelets (well, they were to her!)

9/2008 Ashley painting in her high chair, she was only in a diaper, I guess they knew she would make a mess!

9/2008 Ashley learning how to crawl. Her motivation? The toys the other kids were playing with
No comments:
Post a Comment