Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tulip Festival


We took Becki and Grandma Timm up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon to celebrate Mother's Day when they were visiting a few weeks ago. It was supposed to rain, but we figured worse case scenario we could see the tulips from the car. Well, the day ended up being gorgeous. We went to Tulip Town and got out to walk around and take some pictures. Steph and Becki bought us some tulips to take home. I have to say I have never bought tulips more beautiful than what we got at the festival. They were huge in full bloom and lasted more than a week. I found out the key to them lasting so long is placing them in ice water after you cut the stems. After walking around the festival we went into La Conner for lunch. We ate at this great restaurant called Seeds. I think we'll go back there every year because the food was soooo good. Then we went to the produce stand on the way out of town and each got an ice cream cone. This place serves the biggest ice cream cones I've ever seen and the line was proof of how popular it was. It went fast, but there were probably about 30-40 people in front of us when we first got there! It was a great day.













3 comments:

The Steffens Family said...

Fun!!! Looks like it was a beautiful day there. We were planning on going this year too, but too many things kept coming up. Next year for sure!!! Hope you had a great time!

Aunt Becki said...

That was one of the funnest days I can remember. Lunch was devine and so was the time we spent talking in the car and even catching up on some much needed rest....lol. Those tulips were so beautiful and seeing Ashley interact with them was so adorable.

Mom L said...

Love the last picture of Miss Ashley and her papa. You are such an awesome dad Brian and this picture depicts your special bond. You are the BEST!

The one of her smelling (if tulips smelled)the tulip,with her hat on, is to cute. Happy to see she will now keep the hat on her head.

Glad you had nice weather. Looks like everyone had a great day!