These birds were taking food right from people's hands, never seen anything like it
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Tiger Mountain
Last Sunday we went up to Tiger Mountain for a hike. It was a gorgeous day. We both had never been there, but decided it was on our "to do" list before we moved. I think we would have enjoyed it a little more if we were in shape, it's a tough hike straight up with hardly any flat areas for relief. My quads were burning!!! I thought my legs were going to give out from underneath me. Of course people had warned us of this, but you forget how out of shape you are. We're a little sore even days after, but we made it and the view was.... unimpressive! I was ready to give up at 2.2 miles (it's a 6 mile round trip, 3 miles each way, so we were almost there) and Brian kept encouraging me saying it will be all worth it once we see the view from the top. Well I'm glad we didn't really know what that view was like because I wouldn't have pushed myself as hard as I did and Brian was the one carrying Ashley! There was an old man at the top who commented that "a young girl like myself should not be breathing that hard", my response (to myself of course) "try carrying around a 21 week belly old man!" The nerve!


These birds were taking food right from people's hands, never seen anything like it
These birds were taking food right from people's hands, never seen anything like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yes, the nerve of some people. You both did an awesome job on this hike. Reminds me of the trip to Oregon Caves. Dallas wanted to see the largest tree in OR. It was a tremendous hike being 8 miles round trip. Dallas was also encouraging the whole way.
Post a Comment