Brian had to go back to work on Monday. We were sad because last week was so much fun with him home. We we got lucky, though, and Grandma Timm was able to come this week to play and help out. She got here on Sunday and we had a yummy seafood pasta that Papa made for Grandma Timm's birthday. Grammy and Grandpa came over too. Monday I had a photographer come and take pictures of the kids at the house. She's looking for pictures of newborns for a project she's working on. For participating she gave us a free session, 8x10, 5x7 and a sheet of wallets. I've viewed the photos she took and I'll be buying a lot more! She did an amazing job and was at the house for almost 4 hours! Ashley took her nap while she was here and everything. We set up in Isaiah's room with the lights, heater, and all the props. It took awhile to get Isaiah to sleep and stay that way, but in the end it was worth it because she captured some really precious pictures! Tuesday Grandma took Ashley to story time and picked out some new books. Wednesday we had Isaiah's 2 week checkup. He's 9lb 1/2 oz (90%), 21 1/2 in inches (90%) and his head measures in the 50%. He also had his 2nd PKU test. The Dr did a full exam and said everything checked out great so our next appointment is at 2 months. After his appointment we headed downtown to have lunch with Papa. We met everyone at his work and walk to 23rd and ate at Rose's Cafe. Thursday was a bit of a rough day for Ashley, she was very emotional and accident prone. Poor girl must have had 7 things happen to her from an accident in her pants, to pinching her finger in the drawer to falling on her knee on the way into the mall. We managed to get through the day, but I was very happy I had help! Grammy came over to help Grandma babysit that night while Mama and Papa went out for dinner and dessert. Then today was absolutely gorgeous so we went for a walk and decided it wasn't time to go in yet and packed a picnic to have down to the park. It's been so fun to have Grandma here, we'll be sad again when she leaves tomorrow. We'll see her again for brother's shower in a few weeks though! Now comes the big week where I'm all on my own. Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Week 2
Brian had to go back to work on Monday. We were sad because last week was so much fun with him home. We we got lucky, though, and Grandma Timm was able to come this week to play and help out. She got here on Sunday and we had a yummy seafood pasta that Papa made for Grandma Timm's birthday. Grammy and Grandpa came over too. Monday I had a photographer come and take pictures of the kids at the house. She's looking for pictures of newborns for a project she's working on. For participating she gave us a free session, 8x10, 5x7 and a sheet of wallets. I've viewed the photos she took and I'll be buying a lot more! She did an amazing job and was at the house for almost 4 hours! Ashley took her nap while she was here and everything. We set up in Isaiah's room with the lights, heater, and all the props. It took awhile to get Isaiah to sleep and stay that way, but in the end it was worth it because she captured some really precious pictures! Tuesday Grandma took Ashley to story time and picked out some new books. Wednesday we had Isaiah's 2 week checkup. He's 9lb 1/2 oz (90%), 21 1/2 in inches (90%) and his head measures in the 50%. He also had his 2nd PKU test. The Dr did a full exam and said everything checked out great so our next appointment is at 2 months. After his appointment we headed downtown to have lunch with Papa. We met everyone at his work and walk to 23rd and ate at Rose's Cafe. Thursday was a bit of a rough day for Ashley, she was very emotional and accident prone. Poor girl must have had 7 things happen to her from an accident in her pants, to pinching her finger in the drawer to falling on her knee on the way into the mall. We managed to get through the day, but I was very happy I had help! Grammy came over to help Grandma babysit that night while Mama and Papa went out for dinner and dessert. Then today was absolutely gorgeous so we went for a walk and decided it wasn't time to go in yet and packed a picnic to have down to the park. It's been so fun to have Grandma here, we'll be sad again when she leaves tomorrow. We'll see her again for brother's shower in a few weeks though! Now comes the big week where I'm all on my own. Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
The next three weeks won't fly by fast enough for me. It has been way too long and I can't wait to meet our little buddy.
Beautiful babies you have Em & Brian! Congratulations! Hoping to make the shower at the end of the month!
What a week we had, I miss all of you. I had the best time while I was there. To be able to be there for the four of you was my greatest pleasure. I can't wait to do it again real soon.I was asked what the highlight of the week was and the were too many to count. The joy of being the Gram of your two little ones iis beyond my best dreams. Ashley and Isaiah fill me with so much joy. I love all four of you with my whole heart.
What a cutie, congrats to you both.
Post a Comment