Saturday, January 30, 2010
First Week
What an awesome week we've had. Brian and Ashley have had so much fun hanging out. They went to story time at the library, ran around the mall, played at the playground, went out to lunch, got fingerprints for Papa's license, went for walks and took Mom to make a ceramic vase. That was one of the best days. We were gone for about 4 hours. We took the stroller and walked down to the Ceramicafe where Brian and Ashley made a special gift for me. Ashley's hands were the flowers and Isaiah's feet were the petals on the flower. It turned out so cute and was a fun thing for Ashley make for her Mama. Then we went to lunch and ran a few errands on the way back. It was so nice to get out in the sunshine and get some excercise. It was our second walk that week and I'm so glad that I felt good enough to go. I don't do well when I can't get out in the fresh air, so I'm so happy the weather held up those days and I was feeling up to it. Today was another fun day. I went to a baby shower with my mom while Brian and Grandpa stayed home with the kids. Isaiah did great, had no problem taking a bottle and Ashley had fun dragging Grandpa all around the house in her pretend car going pretend places. The shower was so much fun and I got to visit with a lot of people I hadn't seen for awhile. I was also pretty proud of myself and Brian that I could go away for 3 1/2 hours, a week and a half after having a baby, without any problem. I did call and check in a few times, but was told that everything was under control and I should enjoy myself, which is exactly what I did! I did miss my little guys though! So, we've started to figure out his little schedule. He's going about 3-3 1/2 hours in the middle of the night and about 1 1/2 - 2 hours during the day between feedings. In the morning he'll wake up on his own, but in the afternoon we've been waking him up to nurse every couple hours so he's nice and full for the night. He is a very noisy little guy, but really only cries when he's hungry or has filled his shorts. He does not like that feeling and it happens a lot. He has perfect timing too. Right after he gets a new diaper, he fills it as soon as it's fastened. This has caused us to go through a lot of diapers! He's usually awake for about 1-2 hours a day now and smiles a lot while he's sleeping or nursing. He still has blue eyes and a ton of hair as you can see from the pictures. He's very interested in new voices and sounds and will stop what he's doing to listen and look around. We have a mirror on our dresser where we've set up a changing table. He loves to look reflections of himself and us. He's sleeping in our room in the cradle that Brian made, nice and close for an easy grab in the middle of the night! We also had his early check-up at 4 days. When he left the hospital he weighed 7 lb 11 oz and at his 4 day check-up he was up 1/2 an oz, not bad! The Dr said everything looked good and we have an appointment Feb 3rd for his two week appointment.



All the beautiful flowers we've received since we've been home. The one's in the middle along with the big Teddy Bear are from Brian's work. It was so sweet that they sent them.
Comparison of Ashley's diapers vs Isaiah's. She didn't seem so big until he came along.
Ashley's been helping Papa cook pancakes and eggs in the morning. He even lets her crack the egg which she gets really excited about. One day she decided that this notebook was going to be her cookbook. She set it up on her kitchen and started flipping through the pages. She told me that they're weren't any pictures in it, we just had to pretend. I thought it was so cute.
Isaiah wasn't happy that Papa was moving his hands to show off the onesie
The "limosine" as Brian calls it. I got this stroller before he was born and so far it's worked out great and both kids love riding in it.
Ashley at the park near our house

Ashley, Papa, and Isaiah worked hard to creat this vase for Mommy to enjoy. I'm so excited to see the final product!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! You guys, I'm so feeling like I need to grow wings and fly up there, just to meet him. That is such an awesome Mama gift Brian and the kids made you. I can't wait to see you guys and play with the kids. We love you and will see you soon. <3 :~*
Thanks for posting pics! First of all, Ashley's hair has gotten so cute as it's gotten longer...what a doll face. And, that is the cutest 1 week old i've seen...maybe its all that hair and his perfect nose. too fun...
Geesh... where was I when I all these cute pictures were being posted? I LOVE the diaper shot! And what a cute pitcher they are making for you! Lucky mom!
Post a Comment