Monday, March 22, 2010

2 Months





We had Isaiah's 2 month appointment today. He got three shots in his thighs, poor guy. His stats look good though! He's 24 1/4 inches (85%), 11 lb 8 oz (50%), and 39.7 (45%) for head size. We're starting him on vitamin D and probiotics. He's still crying a lot and it's not predictable. The Dr thought maybe probiotics would help if it was his tummy that was bothering him. We'll see. He's definitely better than he used to be, but his cry is still so intense. I just don't know when it might start up again. He has a really hard time when he's overly tired and mom is paranoid about getting him to this point because it is painful to get him to sleep afterward and I feel so bad for him. I've started putting him down in his cradle for naps and afternoon seems to go better than the mornings. Most of the time he can put himself to sleep there with a little help and it's usually after being awake for an hour. Brian's mom comes tomorrow to stay with us until Saturday. She's on Spring Break and decided to spend it with us! I am so grateful for her help and company. It's been a tough road for the last few months and I am always grateful for any help!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry he's been having a tough time Em. Does he get really stiff when he cries? The unpredictable and intense crying makes me think reflux/colic. I've raised two with it and its brutal. Send me and email about it sometime and we can compare notes!

Grammy said...

Love the monthly car seat comparisons. Call me crazy but these two months pictures look like they could be the same child. Sure are two of the cutest kids ever. Hope the probiotic helps our little buddy. He is to precious to be having such a diffecult time. Give him a smooch from grammy and a hug for you, Em

Bahar said...

My younger daughter was like Isaiah. The specialist put her on non-milk/dairy diet till she got one year old. She had constipation as well. Other reason was that she was cold (she was born in July so the air condition was working all the time)as soon as I kept her warm she was behaving better. Non-milk diet was the cure for her.

I hope little guy gets over it.
Love you all, kiss Ashley for me.