
Our little guy is 4 months already, I can't believe it! He had his checkup yesterday and got three shots in his legs and an oral rotavirus vaccine. Poor guy! He actually did really well and didn't need any Tylenol. He's 26 in (87%), 13lb 6 oz (25%) and 50% for head his size. Ashley was 25in and 13lb 10 oz at 4 months. It seems like 4 months has been a magic number for Isaiah, he is such a happy baby and smiling all the time. I love waking him up in the morning because he gets this big smile on his face, lets out a shriek and scrunches up. The best thing to wake up to! He's been doing really well with his sleep lately which makes him much happier when he's awake. He's still only good for a couple of hours, but he gets up between 6:30 and 7am then goes back down for about an hour at 8:30. Then about 2 hours from when he wakes up he'll try to take a little snooze depending on where we are in the car or stroller. We usually try to get out of the house after he wakes up in the morning so his nap before lunch is usually on the go. Then he goes down about 12:30/1:00 for about 1-2 hours. Then he'll take another short snooze (about 15-20 min) around 5:00 and then to bed at 7pm. Just like Ashley this is the time he gets fussy. He goes down really easy, but often wakes up randomly after just an hour or so. He's been pretty good about putting himself back to sleep, but occasionally we have to go in and put the binky, but we'll wait 10-15 minutes. He's only been waking up once around 3 or 4am and I've been sleeping much better with him in his room. We just transferred him to the crib a few nights ago, so there has been some adjustment, but so far he's doing pretty good. He's out of his wrap and in a sleep sack as of a couple weeks ago. He was fighting it and constantly pulling his arms up to his chest as soon as we fastened the wrap, so we graduated him to the sleep sack and he's doing much better. He does sleep with his hands folded over his chest or over his eyes, it's really sweet. He's nursing every 3 hours during the day and will take a bottle while I'm away, which I'm thankful for. I guess I never took a bottle or pacifier, my poor mother! He likes his binky, but only seems to only need it when he's tired. Lately he's been sucking his thumb or fingers, but it doesn't seem to be when he needs soothing, just when he's up playing so who knows what that's about. He also loves to jump on the floor or your lap when we're holding him, almost ready for the jumper but still a little small for it. He likes to watch his reflection in the mirror and talk to himself. He loves seeing his sister and gets a big smile on his face when we go wake her up in the morning. He has rolled over a few times from front to back, but I think it was by accident.


4 comments:
We gushed over your sister and thought she was the sweetest thing ever. How could there possibly be another one as sweet and precious as her? Well, it was possible. His name is Isaiah Andrew Timm. You and your sister light up our lives and we adore our little angels. God has truly blessed our family with such perfection:)
Very hansome boy, I love those blue eyes.
Grammy and Gramps, you are sure right about that. How blessed are we to have two of the most amazing kids in our lives. I am so thankful to live so close and have the ability to spend time with them on a frequent basis. We love you guys.
It's been forever since I checked out your blog. Your kids are absolutely adorabe!!! I love Isaiah's dimples and little Ashley is such a doll! I'm sure you are having a lot of fun with those little guys. I'll bet Grammy & Gramps are in Heaven! Take care.
Post a Comment