Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. It started on Saturday with a Mother/Daughter luncheon at my mom's church. She's been wanting to do this for years and now that Ashley is old enough and we live down here so we made a special date and got all dressed up for it. They did a really great job putting it all together with the food, decorations, guest speaker, cake walk and craft for the kids. Ashley made me a heart picture frame with "I Love You Mommy" on the front, it turned out really cute! Then after the lunch I took Ashley to her friend Bella's birthday party. That was a lot of fun and she got to share Bella's new toys with her and play. On Sunday I got up and found cards on the kitchen table from the kids and Brian along with a gift certificate for a pedicure and a coffee mug with pictures of the kids on it, which was really special. After breakfast we went to church and after picked up the dog and some Starbuck's and headed to Summer Lake park to walk around the Lake. It was a gorgeous day. After naps we went for another walk down to a water fountain by our house and then homemade dinner and dessert. It was a very relaxing, memorable Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have such wonderful kids and an amazing husband to share them with!





Cake walk at the Mother/Daughter luncheon. Ashley got right in there to start walking on the numbers when the music started, but as soon as she realized that mom was at the other side of the circle watching she headed to other direction and was out of the game.

They had such delicious food there. Tons of different salads, fruit and sandwiches. Plus the variety of desserts took up about 4 tables. Some of the husbands took charge in the kitchen and did a great job!

Ashes and I at the luncheon. She's not too excited about taking pictures lately.

We forgot to take a picture with all three of us. Oh, well we have next year. I think this will be an annual tradition for years to come.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Yes, a wonderful Mother's Day for a wonderful mother:)

The luncheon was so special for me, having you and our little princess as my honored guests. Yes, this will definately be a Mother's Day tradition.