My sweet, sweet Isaiah, I've actually been waiting to write this post because no two days are the same for you. You have come so far from just a month ago, but there was a miserable few weeks where you were waking up after only 1/2 hour of napping. I even put you down after 1- 1 1/2 hours when you showed signs of being tired like they say to, but it didn't help. You went down easily but still would wake up. It was the weirdest thing because it was always exactly 1/2 hour. You woke up happy, but then 5 minutes later it was obvious you were still tired. You're days were miserable, you're eyes were red, you cried, and you didn't go to sleep easily in the stroller or the Moby. When you did it was just as we were heading home and as soon as I transferred you anywhere you woke up. It started to effect your night sleep, which was always what I could count on for you to catch up. This was a lot for mommy to handle so we started to let you cry to "train" you to sleep. It was so hard for me to do, I had no idea if I was doing the right thing, but you weren't sleeping anywhere and you needed it! Well after just a few times you got it, you put yourself back to sleep. I was ecstatic and thought "that wasn't so bad" Well, things are much better but we're still working on it. You can tolerate being awake for longer periods and can put yourself back to sleep a fair amount of the time. It's 50/50 if I can put you back to sleep in the morning, but afternoons are much better and you'll get a good 2 hour nap, waking up after about an hour and needing the binky. You're still in the cradle in our room at this point, soon to be in your room in the next few weeks, you're just getting too big. You'll be sleeping in the room next to your sister and I'm crossing my fingers you don't wake each other up, which is why you're still in our room. We'll just have to handle that if and when it happens. Besides your sleeping habits, you smile and coo all the time, which just melts my heart. We have so much fun with you in the evenings. You are so happy and hardly fuss (I do have to give myself credit for this because I'm so driven to get you good sleep throughout the day). You're dimples are your hallmark. You are very strong and have started sitting in the bumbo, you have gotten much better at tummy time and actually rolled over the other day, although I think it was by accident. On a good day you wake up at 7am and go back down for a nap around 8:30am for about an hour. Between 9:30 and 1pm you'll try to catch a 1/2 hour nap in the swing or stroller, whatever we're doing that day. You'll take a nap around 12:30/1pm for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours (this is your best nap of the day and one I'm grateful for because that's when your sister sleeps) then you'll take a short nap in the swing around 5pm for about 20 min and then down for the night at 7pm waking up around 2am and again between 5 and 6am. You're not really hungry at 5am, but you've gotten yourself free from your wrap usually get mad if I just try to wrap you and put you back down with your binky. I've tried to see if you could put yourself back to sleep, but you grunt and struggle off and on until 6:30 when you've had enough and then you're day is all off and so is mine because I've been up since 5am! It's just been easier to get up to feed you and you'll fall back to sleep. This wrap thing has me confused because it's the only way you'll fall asleep, but you try to get your hands free and then push your binky out and then you're wide awake grunting and kicking your legs up (you are very noisy!) I think you're almost done with this but need more control over your hands. I have a feeling you'll be a thumb sucker (I've caught you doing this a lot lately), but so far you prefer the binky and so do I because we can take it away later!




He is so fascinated with the camera I can't catch his smile of camera, but love those blue eyes

Bumbo Time

He loves, loves, loves his play mat. We put him underneath all the toys and he gets himself all worked up kicking his legs and arms and making all sorts of noises.
4 comments:
And that is why "Heavon is under mom's steps"
Love you all.
You can definitely tell their related. I see a lot of the Lewis family in him.
Look at him! He's getting so big... where have I been?
I hope you are doing alright. It sounds like you must be tired.
Hang in there.. he looks adorable!
Oh, my goodness, are you just the sweetest thing ever!I think you just needed three months to figure out this new place you have to live in now. You came over to Grammy and Gramps Sun and you were a perfect little guest. You were so content all afternoon, cooing, blowing bubbles and smiling, showing off those huge dimples. Grammy and gramps just love you to pieces. You and your big sis bring such joy and laughter to our lives. It just keeps getting better and better:)
Post a Comment