Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Back to work
I started back to work a few weeks ago. Originally I had planned to go back part time when Isaiah was 6 or 7 months old and well it happened exactly that way. I swear somehow everything always works out for us one way or another. We must be doing something right! I love doing ultrasound and I wanted to keep up my skills, but I didn't want to be working more than being home with the kids. I do love them more than I love my job! I started looking around a few months ago, but didn't find anything. About a month ago I got a call from an imaging center on the east side looking for someone part time. I went in for an interview and after a few things got straightened out I got the job. I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-5:30, the perfect schedule. It's really working out well. The kids are in a daycare close to our house, so I drop them off and Brian picks them up. Occasionally he has to operate late, so my mom is on call when that happens and she picks up the kids. Isaiah is adjusting to daycare well, although he doesn't sleep all that great when he's there and still has to take a little nap when he gets home. He wakes up easily and sees everyone having fun without him and wants to join the party. They've had to face him towards the wall and put blankets around the crib, but he can still hear them and wants to be in on the action. He's on the same schedule as home (minus the length of naps) which I am really happy with because there's no re-adjusting after the three days he's in daycare. He learned to sit up within the first couple of weeks being of there and has been working on pulling himself up. He has a whole room that is geared toward babies, so he has a lot of fun exploring while he's there. We never had to baby proof with Ashley, but the combination of Isaiah's personality and he's freedom when he's not at home makes for a major need for baby proofing when he gets mobile. Ashley is doing really well also. They knew she had been at daycare before because of how easily she adjusted. No tears at all on the first day, just excitement for something new. In fact after Brian picked the kids up after their first day she called me to tell me how much fun she had. I got tears just thinking about how grown up she sounded. I was very proud at how well they both adjusted. Ashley likes her teachers, Miss Deborah and Miss Geralee, and talks about her friends that she plays with at school. They do a ton of art projects, have a great curriculum, as well as provide meals and snacks. She's even gotten into riding the bikes on the playground at school, which I could never get her to do at home. I guess it's watching the other kids that gets her motivated. They also have a dance teacher that comes and teaches a class on Tuesdays that we're going to get her into. They have a recital at the end of the year to show off their stuff. I think it's a perfect balance for her to be home with me, but also have the socialization of school. Having 4 day weekends is fabulous. I have been able to get us all ready for weekends when we're away and take time for the kids as well as basic house keeping stuff and not feel like all I'm doing is working and laundry! Brian has been amazing. He picks up the kids, goes grocery shopping, and has dinner ready when I get home! I try to do the same when he's off, but he's such a better cook than I am he usually ends up cooking, but at least I can get the stuff and have it ready for him. On days that I work, I'm up at 5:45 to get myself and both kids ready and out the door by 7am. I get them to daycare so early so Ashley can have breakfast there, but also because my commute is about 45 minutes. If I can get there with 30 minutes to spare they have a 24 hour fitness nearby that I can work out at. It a great way to start my day after sitting in the car for 45 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment