Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girl's Weekend

I went up to Seattle solo the beginning of May for Michelle's wedding shower and bachlorette party on Saturday and Danielle's baby shower on Sunday. The weekend was a blast and went by way too fast. Michelle's shower was a lot of fun. We played a few games, one we got into groups and dressed a bride in toilet and tissue paper, the other was a guessing game for Michelle. We all wrote down a memory we had of her and Paul and then mixed them up. She had to guess which one went with whom and it was fun to hear "the other side" of Michelle since her family was there to tell stories and well as her friends. The Bachelorette party was great. We all dressed up in our "little black dresses" and put on our 60's accessories. We all had sequenced headbands, feathers and long pearls. Our first stop was Julia's on Broadway where we had dinner and then watched a drag show, which I was really impressed by! These men imitated Cher, Lady Gaga, Brittany Spears and others, but they looked just like the real stars. I can't imagine the hours put into makeup, but I guess it comes with the job! After Julia's we went to a few bars and made our way back to bed around 3am. Way past my bedtime, so I was a tired cookie by the end of the weekend. Danielle's shower went great as well. She's doing the babies room in a monster theme so we had some really cute decorations, picture frames, and a diaper cake with monsters on it. Baby Saliba is due June 21st and we can't wait for his arrival! More pictures to come...

No comments: