Thursday, June 2, 2011

New House


This is our new house in Happy Valley! We absolutely love it! Brian and my dad moved us the weekend I was up in Seattle. It just happened to fall on the same weekend and I felt incredibly guilty for not being there. So, I tried to do my share and pack up the house and arrange to hire someone to help them move. Well, the movers ended up not showing and Brian and my Dad ended up doing it all by themselves. My cousin was able to help with some of the unloading, but most people had plans that day and weren't able to help last minute. Of course I didn't find any of this until I got home from Seattle. Brian was really sweet and didn't want it to ruin my weekend. But... we got all moved in and considering it has been a very easy move. We're excited to get new living and dining room furniture, but for now (when it's nice) we spend time out in the yard. This is new for us and we're loving it. The kids even get out there with us with their tools and dig in the dirt. We've met a few neighbors and found some neat parks and trails to walk to. The kids school is 2 minutes away and the bus stop is right in front of our house. I think I found a way to walk to the elementary school, so when Ashley starts kindergarten Isaiah and I can drop off Ashley on the mornings I'm off. The kids start their new daycare next week, so we're excited for that. A lot of the kids in the neighborhood go there and we've heard great things about them. Brian's new job is 5 minutes from the house and my work is about 15. Huge difference in the hour commute we had in Beaverton! Our nights are so much more relaxed, no rushing to get the kids fed and in bed. We plan to be her for a long time.

Here's Brian with the very generous housewarming gift my parents gave us. Of course we needed a Toro lawn mower since my Dad works there!

The kitchen. The white door in the back is a walk in pantry.



Family Room

The kids playroom on the main floor to the left of the front door. The sectional will go in here when we get new furniture.

Entry way. To the right is the stairwell going upstairs. The kids like to yell down at us from there. I'll eventually find a hallway table to put against the wall and display pictures.





The Wisteria growing out our back door. It smells divine!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Love it! Can't wait to see how you add your own personal style, furniture, and decor to make it home. Already, I'm lovin' what you are doing in Isaiah's romm and their bathroom.